Terms of Service
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, FAME does not accept membership registrations from users who are under thirteen (13) years of age. By registering with FAME, you represent that you are at least thirteen (13) years old.
Use of User Created Content
You grant us, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish the lists of items you have saved and anything else created by using the Service.
In order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create a personal account. You may never use another's account. When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account and account password secure. You must notify FAME immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if you fail to comply with these requirements. You may be liable for the losses incurred by FAME or others as a result of unauthorized use of your account.
If you choose a username that is obscene, indecent, abusive, or FAME deems to be inappropriate, we reserve the right, without prior notice to you, to automatically change your username, delete your posts from the Service, deny you access to the Service, or any combination of these actions.
Specific Use Prohibitions
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers" that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the FAME servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, FAME grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders or similar technologies to copy materials from the Service for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials. FAME reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service.
- You agree not to use the communication systems provided by the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service without explicit written permission from FAME.
- The technology and the software underlying the Service are the property of FAME. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise misappropriate or transfer any right to the technology or software underlying the Service.
- You agree not to modify the software underlying the Service in any manner or to use modified versions of such software. You agree not to attempt to circumvent any of the security, account control, or any other measures restricting access to any content on the Service by any means.
- FAME hereby grants you permission to use the Service as set forth in these Terms, provided that without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Service to take any of the following actions:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal right of others;
- Publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content, or any content that, in the sole judgment of FAME, is deemed objectionable or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose FAME or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software, code, or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person's computer, the Service, any software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- Download any file that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any public area within the Service or any other website by any means;
- Undertake any activities that will disrupt the Service, or any other websites, servers, or networks;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a FAME representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through theService or to manipulate your presence on the Service;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure or that causes such a load to be imposed on the infrastructure of another;
- Engage in any illegal activities.
We reserve the right to terminate access to the Service of any user who infringes the proprietary rights of any third party. You may need to obtain authorization of the owner of images made available via the Service before using them; for authorizations to use an image, please contact the image owner as indicated on the source website, not FAME. FAME cannot give you authorization to use copyrighted images.
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. FAME does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Service, and FAME will remove all infringing content if properly notified by the rights holder or their authorized agent or agents of such an infringement. We cannot guarantee that our users will not locate unintended, objectionable, or copyrighted content. FAME accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of any information submitted to the Service, or otherwise linked to by the Service from third party websites. Additionally FAME accepts no responsibility or liability for the use of any such content by its users. FAME reserves the right to remove any pictures or content without notice to any user, or any third party.
DMCA Takedown Requests
If you believe that your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- Identify the material on the Service that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the Service. Providing URLs is the best way for this;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit FAME to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
In accordance with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC sec. 512, the Service has designated an agent ("Copyright Agent") to receive notices of claims of copyright infringement:
Via San Gimignano 87
Rome RM 00138
Only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to FAME Customer Service. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Third Party Content
FAME has not reviewed all of the websites linked to on the Service and has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by FAME of any website or any information contained therein. When you leave the Service, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. By using the Service, you expressly relieve FAME from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Service.
Links to Service
You may display images of the lists you create on the Service on other websites for non-commercial use, provided that you do so with the embed code provided by FAME. You may not alter the embed code in any way. You may not distribute any other content from the Service without written consent from FAME.
FAME is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Service. FAME takes reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information you provide to us; however, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. FAME assumes no liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, removal, or alteration of, any content or data. We make no warranties that the Service will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of the Service at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages that you may cause to your or another's computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data. Under no circumstances shall FAME be responsible for any loss or damage, resulting from use of the Service, any content posted on or through the Service, or conduct of any users of the Service, whether online or offline.
THE FAME WEBSITE, THE WEBSITE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. FAME EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEGRATION, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. FAME AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE FAME SERVICES. FAME AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE FAME SERVICES. FAME AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FAME BE LIABLE TO ANY USER ON ACCOUNT OF THAT USER'S USE OR MISUSE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, (EVEN IF FAME HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, OR TERMINATION OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIRD PARTIES). THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE FAME WEBSITE OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE BY THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED TO OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless FAME, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to any content you post, store or otherwise transmit on, to, or through the Service or your use of or inability to use the Service it provides, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim made against FAME, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, arising out of or relating to the content on the Service, the conduct of you or any other user, your or any other user's violation of these Terms or your violation of the rights of any third party.
Content posted on the Service by us is owned by us or used with permission and is protected by copyright laws. The technology and the software underlying the Service is the property of FAME. You may not copy, use, or retransmit anything from or for the Service without our written permission.
Advertisements and Promotions
FAME may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Service. Your business dealings, correspondence with, or participation in promotions of advertisers other than FAME and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and such third party. FAME is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-FAME advertisers on the Service.
You can cancel your account at any time by contacting FAME Support. We reserve the right to cancel your account, or otherwise refuse service to you, at any time for any reason. FAME may choose to assume that you intended to terminate your account if you do not access it for more than three months. Following termination of your account for any reason (including inactivity), FAME may continue or stop publicly displaying some or all of the information associated with your account.
Policy Regarding Changes
FAME reserves the right to change any and all content on the Service without notice.